Why People Resist Change:
1. When the status quo is perceived to be satisfactory.
2. When the purpose of change is not clearly understood.
3. When they become engaged in short-term myopic thinking.
What is Change?
1. Real change is a process, not a destination. We are a work in progress.
2. Change is letting go and grabbing hold. You need to let go of the old so you can grab hold of what God is giving you.
3. Your greatest pain will bring about your greatest change.
The woman caught in adultery experienced the greatest pain before she experienced the greatest change in her life. Her accussers hurt her, yes. They ridiculed her, condemned her and brought shame to her. But come to think of it, they were actually used by God to bring her to Him. And she was never the same again.